How to Use an AED and Do CPR
Many people are scared to use AEDs, but they're made for anyone and everyone to use in their design and their simplicity – and no, you won't inadvertently shock yourself or anyone else!
Not to mention, when someone is having a cardiac event, doing CPR *properly* can mean the difference between life and death.
In this video, learn from Paramedic Summer Luckow on how to set up and use an AED, as well as how to do CPR on someone who is having a cardiac event.
Here are some of the things Summer goes over:
- How you can tell if someone is experiencing cardiac arrest or other cardiac event (0:25)
- How to use the AED (1:10)
- Where AEDs are found (3:21)
- Steps to take when you first find someone needing help (3:40)
- How to do CPR (4:18) – Why breaking ribs while doing CPR is a good thing (5:22)
- Watch her demonstrate CPR on a dummy to see how deep compressions really need to be (6:06)
- When and how to use a breathing mask (6:56)
- The ratio of compressions to breaths (8:54)
- How to do CPR on children (9:15)
- What to do if someone is choking (9:42)
- How to do CPR on infants (10:13)
- Where you can learn more about CPR and get certified (10:53)
If you're interested in learning where you may be able to take CPR classes, contact us and we'll point you in the right direction!
Give us a call at (406) 285-3883 or send us a message!